ruger m77 220 swift ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbwire44

Anyone have some opinions on this gun, a local guy has one for sale for 350.00, seems to be really, really clean, blueing is perfect, stock is near perfect. Supposed to have less than 150 rounds throught it. it is an older model he thinks around 1985. It is a 26" heavy Barrel. I don't have a handy book to check the numbers but here they are if someone else does. 771-43878
I don't have much experience with ruger rifles, only owned one. Just curious about the accuracy, and the trigger seems to be pretty stiff, but I do see an allen head on the bottom of the trigger????? so may be adjustable?
thanks

You better jump all over that sucker. I had a slightly older model, and it's one of the few rifles I've ever regretted selling. I regularly got five-shot 3/8 MOA groups from the gitgo with no tweaking of the forearm bedding. It got easier when I installed a Canjar single-set trigger. :)

Art

thanks Art , I will probably purchase it this afternoon, it does come with rings also, and 8 boxes of ammo, so it is probably a good deal. I just don't really need it, but the its a 220 swift and I have never owned one got me interested. I guess I could buy it and always trade it off for something else.

Almost every single heavy barrel Ruger 77 I have ever seen shot very well, particularly the 220 Swifts. It would be foolish to let that one get away.

Like the guys above said, latch on to that sucker... For $350, you can't go wrong. The action alone is worth $350.
I was just looking at a new Ruger Swift at the local gun shop yesterday. It's going for $200 more than that.

Martyn

Ruger M77 HB .220 swift

After a lot of experimenting my Ruger will place 5 shots in a dime at 100 yds. No special bedding needed. Matched the load to the barrel vibrations and harmonics. My son's 25-06 after much more work than mine does about as well. The finest rifle (and I have many) that the guys I took money from all respect. Groundhogs and crows don't know what hit them.

A shooting buddy of mine has a 4 gun set on Ruger 77 Varments, 223, 22-250, 220 Swift and 308.

All of them are shooters.

You bet I'd jump on it for $350

+1

The early M77 sporters had a rep for hit or miss accuracy, but Ruger must have paid some attention to the early 77v's as they had a good rep in my circle of of groundhog shooters in the early 80's.

My 22-250 is still the best 5 shot group rifle I own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back