Ruger LCR , need a grip that forces the muzzle down

Metal god

Just pick up a LCR 38spl+p . My natural hold has the muzzle pointed quite high IMO . For what I consider a point and shoot firearm , it's not good that my natural point is 20+ inches high at 21' ?? To point and shoot to my intended impact area . It really feels like I need to point the muzzle downward which is not comfortable or natural feeling at all .

Is there a grip for the LCR that has a grip angle that helps force the muzzle down some . This is one of those things where if I just start buying grips . It may take me 6 grips and a couple hundred dollars to find what I'm looking for or worse find there isn't any that will work . Hopefully we can narrow the search down a bit here :)

Thanks MG

Last edited:
If you are already holding too high with your natural grip, then you are going to need a steeper angle like 90 degrees to bring the muzzle down.
First of all, what grips are you already using, the finger groove hogues that came with it?

Doubt that there are any grips with that steep an angle. Going to require some custome mods on existing grips or custom grip maker.

If you are already holding too high with your natural grip, then you are going to need a steeper angle like 90 degrees to bring the muzzle down.

Agreed and looking at the Pachmayr grip it does not appear to give me the steep angle I'll likely need . See link below and click on the firearm image to see close up . When you look at the trigger through the grip line/angle it really seems more like a 45* angle .

https://www.amazon.com/Pachmayr-Dia...rds=LCR+grips&qid=1556209572&s=gateway&sr=8-3

But this one might be better

https://www.amazon.com/Pachmayr-026...rds=LCR+grips&qid=1556209988&s=gateway&sr=8-6

Cycle through the pics there’s one showing it on the lcr , Better yet I'll post a screen grab

DLHvBq.png

Received that Pachmayr guardian grip today . It absolutely helps point the muzzle down . I like that part of it , how ever the little pinky tab that sits up in the grip and pops down when you grab the grip feels a little cheap and if I tighten the grip screw down to much the pinky tad wont stay up in the grip and is still hard to lock into place . I still need to shoot the LCR with this grip on it but it comes off having a little less quality then I remember Pachmayr grips having .

I also added a tritium front sight https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0035LVWN0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 .

It's my first tritium sight and it seems ok . The glow is small and light but seeable in the dark and low light . I do like the big white circle compared the factory blade sight which is black . Much easier to pick up quickly but as I said before this is more of a point and shoot type of firearm . In that respect I think the grip will do what I was hoping . The front sight is just a little bonus I guess . :cool:

Went and shot it today . It did what I wanted it to do but it's a very hard grip that creates a bit more discomfort then the factory rubber grip does . The pinky tab does not stay up all the time and just pops back down when I try push it up into the grip . So the my feelings are mixed to where I'm happy with the angle and how I'm able to point shoot it better but on the whole the grip is cheaply made IMO . I'll keep looking for another while keeping the new grip on for now .

Back