Ruger LCP Custom

claydoctor

I have an original LCP and have a chance to pick up the Custom (red trigger) LCP at a good price used. The sights appear superior to either the original model or the current LCP II.
The wide trigger is certainly a better choice for myself as that trigger on the Glock irritates the heck out of my finger after a few magfulls. The gun in question has a factory extended 7 round magazine that seems to have a somewhat loose fit. I wonder if that is normal? Appreciate anyone's comment or experience with this model

I have the LCP Custom. I pocket carry it a lot. Great little gun that has been really reliable. My factory extended mag doesn't seem to fit loose. Are you sure the mag is factory?

Probably just the magazine or you don't have it seated fully. I notice with all LCP's you really have to whack that mag in to get it locked in place.

I shoot the Custom better than any other LCP.

Pretty sure it had Ruger written on it. It allowed me to get my whole hand on the grip and was locked in place but there was still some movement. From a review of the Ruger site, Brownells and Midway, it looks like there may be more than one extended mag design.

My brother-in-law has the LCP II and I have the LCP custom. I noticed that my 7 round mag won't fit in his gun, but my 6 round mag fits fine. I'm with Carmady, you may have the wrong magazine.

Yep, that's what it looked like. Now, do the original LCP and the LCP II take different mags because on the Ruger site, the 7 round mags for each look identical but they have different part numbers.
Yes, the mags are different.

While the original LCP mags will fit in and work in the LCP II's the originals will not lock the LCP II's slide back.

Not a lot of difference but enough. I'm not sure about the other way around.

The gun is used and as far as I know comes with this one extended mag. I'm wondering if the previous owner may have installed an LCP II mag in this 1st gen LCP and that's why it's loose. If the gun has not sold, I'll see it again tomorrow and try to figure things out.

For me, the LCP Custom has sights which are too good. As in, too large. They snagged during the draw from my pocket.

So now I use the LCP II model and am quite happy with it. Sights are good enough and trigger is good enough, and this one locks the slide back on an empty magazine.

Bart Noir

For me, the LCP Custom has sights which are too good. As in, too large. They snagged during the draw from my pocket.

So now I use the LCP II model and am quite happy with it. Sights are good enough and trigger is good enough, and this one locks the slide back on an empty magazine.

Bart Noir
I avoid any gun that has a Glock-style trigger. They hurt my finger after 2-3 mags. I think I would like the sights. I usually shoot a series of 1911's all with decent sights. Recently I tried to shooting a traditional military 1911 and I couldn't even find the sights.

You have a nice gun. Get the mags that work and you are good to go. I think these little guns are very underrated and great for carry when you can't carry a gun.

20170913-120743.jpg

Back