Ruger Icon Color question

Borf

I'm under the impression that the ruger symbol used to be a red background, and Mr. Bill changed it to black when Sturm died. Here's what's funny to me - I ordered a *New* Ruger MkII pistol, 6" barrel, blued, about a month ago. I've been shooting it, and noticed that the area behind the bird is *red*. On both left and right grip, and on the bottom of both magazines.

The picture of the same gun on the website is clearly black. As are all the other pistols. How can this be? It is new in the Ruger plastic box with the little envolope with the fired case, etc.

Is this an old gun in new packaging? (was the MkII even produced when Sturm was around)

Has Ruger changed the policy?

Is this not the case with the MkII?

Could some one set me straight? I'm obviously missing something. Thanks!

Borf

I think you probably got the 50th anniversary edition MKII. look at the top of your reciever and see if it has a eagle crest and some sort of writing to the effect of the 50th anniversary. They are worth maybe 10-20 bucks more than the standard ruger. too many were made for it to have collector value.

Hmm... checked top of reciever and all other visible parts... no eagle or any text other than make, model, warnings, caliber, etc.

Perhaps I'll call Ruger on monday and ask them... hmm...

Thanks

Borf

I think Ruger might have changed it for good. I think the period of mourning is over by now. The other possibility is that they made more grips than 50th Aniversary guns for it and are just using up what's left of the grips.

Back