Ruger GP 100's in Shotgun News

johnnyj

I recently saw a wholesaler offering GP100's with 4 inch barrels for $250 used. I was wondering if anyone here has handled any of these guns (dealers or others). I don't recall which company was offering these, but it seems to be a good price as they are supposed to be in very good to excellent condition. Also, does anyone know where these come from? Police depts? or? Thanks for any help.

Happy New Year to Everyone!

jj

The GP-141 and KGP-141 (stainless) are great all-around revolvers. Our TFL archive has hundreds of posts documenting their durability, reliability, accuracy and enduring value. They can be purchased new-in-box for about $375; accordingly, I'd say $275 -- if in virtually new condition -- is a fair price. Don't worry about an excellent condition used GP-100 having much ware . . . the darn things truly last forever with minimum maintenance.

I own a 6 inch heavy barrel GP-100 stainless and love it. I have handled several 4 inchers and find they balance better than the 6 inch. About the worst thing that you will see with used stainless guns is a scratch. The fix? Can you say "Scotchbrite pads"? Much easier maintenance than blued guns.

Back