Ruger customer service

bspillman

Does any one know if ruger still services the P95 under warranty? I have one that's got probably a million rounds (just an estimate) threw it. Just curious just in case If something goes wrong with it. No problems just yet tho. It's been an amazing gun.

Ruger C.S.

I don't know about other firearms, but I will give my plug to Ruger's Customer Service. I bought a 10/22 in the late 1970s. Mine never fed reliably, in spite of the fact that many of my friends with identical stock rifles worked flawlessly. I tried many different types of magazines from Ruger and other after-market brands, lots of different types of ammo, but it never worked reliably. I put it in the closet until the early 2000s when an acquaintence suggested that I send it back to Ruger. I contacted them, sent them the rifle and one magazine along with a letter explaining my situation. They sent the rifle back to me within a few weeks with my one magazine plus 2 new magazines. Since that time, it has worked flawlessly. I presume they polished the feed ramp, receiver, bolt and/or other parts. I'm not sure what they did, but was very pleasantly surprised that they stood behind their product and corrected the problem decades later at no cost. If you don't ask, then the answer is always "no". Good luck with your firearm.

A lot of the time if ruger no longer will service an older firearm, they'll offer to give you a replacement of one of their modern guns of equal value, at a low price or possibly free.

I can also personally vouch for Ruger's CS. I bought a second-hand handgun that had some feeding and slide-locking issues. Ruger sent me a label, honored the warranty and had it back quickly (I don't remember how soon...I do remember being impressed with the turn around).

If you ask them, I doubt they'll run you around in circles.

Back