ruger competition target model?

Oh man,

I bought one of these amazing pistols about a month ago, and it is truly a tack driver. I mean 10 shots, one hole, 25 yards offhand (and no, I don't consider myself to be an excellent marksman). The sights shot about three inches low at that distance, but were easily adjusted to be dead-on. I really think the special target grips help, since I wasn't anywhere near as accurate with my uncle's bull-barrel MkII. If you're considering buying one, I whole-heartedly recommend it.

-Parke1

Mk II Pistols

I second the previous post. Have shot a Mk II (6-7/8 barrel) in bullseye for years. It still shoots better than I do. Did get a trigger job and the Clark steel trigger - otherwise it's stock.

Great gun. I can get a nice group at 25 yards if I sandbag it. No way can I shoot a one hole group at that range offhand, but the gun is capable of it. I polished mine with a Dremel tool and Flitz metal polish. Looks almost like chrome now! Anyway, they are really nice guns that will last several lifetimes. I only shoot standard velocity rounds though. Mine likes the Federal 711 stuff (the cheap target ammo).

Great gun. Very accurate too. The only thing to consider is that re-assembly is difficult at first. In other words, taking it apart is easy, but putting it back together takes time and patience.

Having said that, .22 LR Ruger semi-autos are among the best target .22's out there for the money.

Back