Ruger carbine rifles

Arachnid

Inactive
I was curious if anyone in this forum has ever owned or used one of Ruger's carbine rifles, the models PC9/4.I am thinking of buying one of these carbines in the near future, and was hoping to get some viewpoints from others who have owned or used one of these carbines.

I fired about 60 rds through one at the range once. I like it, if someone would convert the darn thing to take glock mags I'd snatch one up in a hurry.

Arachnid,
I have owned a PC9 for a couple of few years now and really like the carbine. I have used it in competition and it has been very reliable as long as I clean it every 500 rounds or so. It has some basic sights and I wish I had the newer ghost ring sights that are available now. I put a Weaver 1-3X scope on it and that is a real good combination for me.
The only bad thing I have heard from reading these boards-It seems like a lot of them have had very hard trigger pull problems. Mine doesn't. My screw that holds the action in the stock keeps backing out no matter how tight I screw it in. I have tried several different lock washers to no avail. Maybe Lock Tight.

Neil Casper

Back