Ruger came through

Last month I posted a question about if Ruger ever modified a Revolver. I sent mine in because my brand new SP101 had a lag shooting DA and an almost impossible Hammer to use SA.
I got mine back today with an exact explanation of what Ruger did and I now have the SP101 that completely exceeds my expectations and what was done was all within Ruger's parameters that the Trigger pull and Hammer pull should be.
One last thing, I now do not need to install any Wolff springs for any reason and I
don't have to modify anything else.

So, once again Ruger's Customer Service proves that they are a superior Company and if they can, they will do their best to accommodate you.

I have a feeling something about the original trigger was out of spec and probably shouldn't have been sent out of the factory as it was.

It's great that the gun is now preforming correctly, but I wish they would actually have a person fire the guns at the factory to test for satisfactory function.

Ruger CS comes thru...AGAIN!

Congrats Doc,on your satisfaction with Rugers CS,re;your recent problem at Ruger.Truly a win-win for all :)!

I got my 44 mag SBH back after front sight was off. They had been through the gun and sent my Wolfe trigger keep t back. I put it back in Saweeet now.

Thewelshm

One last statement concerning Ruger. I now own 3 Rugers and have the very difficult choice of which to carry.

I have my wife'S LCR 357, my SP101 2.25" and my GP 100 4.2". All 3- 357's can be carried discretely, although I must admit that the GP100 is a tad obvious.
Considering that this is my limit, I think I'm in pretty darn good shape.

Good news Doc! They are sweet guns. I own eight Rugers and am quite pleased with them. If you like 357, consider a Blackhawk with a nice long barrel as a range toy. I USED TO think my DA revolvers were smooth and accurate. :)

I'm glad to see that Ruger has stepped up to the plate and improved their CS.

This was not the case in the 90s when I purchased an SP101 .22 that had trigger problems. It went back to the factory three times and each time, when it was returned, the problem had not been fixed. I dumped it, and have never looked at another Ruger DA revolver since.

Last month I posted a question about if Ruger ever modified a Revolver. I sent mine in because my brand new SP101 had a lag shooting DA and an almost impossible Hammer to use SA.
I got mine back today with an exact explanation of what Ruger did and I now have the SP101 that completely exceeds my expectations and what was done was all within Ruger's parameters that the Trigger pull and Hammer pull should be.
One last thing, I now do not need to install any Wolff springs for any reason and I
don't have to modify anything else.

So, once again Ruger's Customer Service proves that they are a superior Company and if they can, they will do their best to accommodate you.
Doc, I am glad it worked out for you. A person should not have to put Wolff springs on a new revolver out of the box if the revolver is working properly. A lot of people put aftermarket springs in a gun because there is a issue with it. This should not happen if the gun was assembled and finish properly from the start.
Good luck,
Howard Pittman

I took my "Once again Brand New Ruger" to my range today to see how it would do. The DA was almost equal to my GP100 and the SA definitely was. I'm not sure why,, but I shot better today than I have in a long time. I shot all 3 of my Rugers. My wife's LCR 357,, my Sp101 and my GP 100. from 5 yds. to 7 yds. to 15 yds. and finally 25 yds. The LCR and SP101 took every load including Speer 135 gr. +P ammo and my GP 100 took that plus a box of 357 mag 158 gr ammo. Tried it in the SP101, but that really stung my hand even with my new Hogue grips. Can handle 1 or 2 shots in an emergency but it's 8 hrs, later and I still have marks on my palm from the recoil.

I think that a confident attitude makes a huge difference is one's ability to be accurate once one has practiced and figured out what works best for oneself.
I truely expected my worked on new SP to shoot dynamite and I did.

Hats off to Ruger's superb CS. Yes, this should have never been okay'd for sale by whoever test fired it, but I understand that Ruger can't go over every revolver with a microscope for every thing that goes out. That's where CS comes in.

I can't vouch for S&W because I don't own one. But as long as Ruger makes and services their guns like mine was handled, I see no reason to switch or get anything different. I'm quite sure that S&W people feel the same about their purchases. Kind of like Ford vs. Chevy. I'm a Chevy guy. Always have been and always will be.

Back