ruger bisely

Mighty fine. I have a stainless 5-1/2 inch model that I use, and I like it so much I'm considering getting another so that my second gun will be identical to my main gun. I know they're not historically accurate, but the Ruger Bisleys fit my hand better than any other single actions around.

Another point: If you shoot CAS a lot, you'll usually find that the Colts and Colt clones have more breakdowns than the Rugers.

Same here. The trigger on my 5 1/2" .44 Mag has a lot of creep, but it's fairly smooth, plus the gun is built like a tank. Mine does double duty as my camping/hiking sidearm.

My first set of CAS guns were Ruger Vaquero Bisleys on 45LC. Great guns, no problems. I changed caliber to shooting 38 special. But my guns are still Ruger Vaquero Bisley, blue, case hardened with stag grips. Action work by Oglesby & Oglesby helped.

For the novice I'll mention that the Ruger Bisley is a blued adjustable sighted gun with one barrel length(7 1/2) and are not avaiable in stainless. The Vaqueros are available in STS and some are offered with the Bisley gripframe (Bisquero?) in several barrel lengths. The STS bisley gripframe is available from Ruger in the white for retrofitting to most any new model, STS or blue. Many different combinations of hammers, triggers and mixing STS parts can make a unique "custom" Ruger..henry

Howdy,

The Bisley Vaqueros do come in blue or stainless and have the Bisley grip frame,hammer,and trigger. While I'm not a big fan of the Bisley grip frame,the hammer would be a lot easier for a duelist to shoot,IMO.

Bellicose Bill

Back