Ruger & Beretta Suppressors in Alabama?

Ruger 10/22 factory barrel...will be getting .920 bull in months.
Beretta 92FS...looking for extended barrel for threading and better ballistics.

I have read just about everything about suppressors from materials, theory for differing calibers, baffle design and spacing...all that good stuff. What I haven't been able to find is if Alabama requires a license for suppressors and what ALL I need to do to legally own one for each weapon. The ATF site isn't all that user friendly. Lawyers are too expensive. You guys seem to know what you're talking about.

I am greatly appreciative for all your help and information.

California Hippy...in Alabama

In AL

Hey man I am in Alabama my self. So far I know there's a federal stamp for each controlled item of $200. However you can go the route of filling out a form 4 and getting the local sheriff to sign off, do prints, and get the mug shot. Or there's a trust, thats what I am trying to find out exactly what it is and how it works. Everyone says it easier and so on. Alabama accepts all controlled items except for short barreled shotguns and short barreled rifles. If there's anything else feel free to ask me, we can work together on this because I too am trying to get a suppressor here in AL. Hopefully it's not as hard as it is to buy beer!:D

The best thing to do is to search the Alabama code for silencer laws. As far as I know they only require that a person dealing in them has a license. Nothing about merely owning them. Still need to get ATF approval though.

Ranb

Back