Ruger ARX ammo?

feets

What do you guys think about this stuff?

http://ruger.com/micros/ammo/index.html?r=y

45 ACP load is 118 grain sluggies at 1300 fps.

It is obviously a partnership between Ruger and PolyCase Ammunition. It seems that most things Ruger gets involved with are solid designs and fairly well bulletproof. I wonder how bullets can be bulletproof... :D

I don't buy into the whirly factor of the ammo. It wouldn't make one full rotation in the length required to go through a bad guy. The stuff is so light weight that over penetration shouldn't be too much of a concern.
I imagine it would be a decent choice for apartment dwellers or those with opportunities for a pass through.

I'm sure it's been around a while now. I rarely buy factory ammo.

looks like they are experimenting with the Lehihgh Defense XP desing, using essentially the same profile but with lighter materials/higher speeds. it would be nice to see some gels to see how they hold up

I bought some Polycase for my LCP and fired a box at the range a month or two back.

Less recoil than FMJ and it made big, star-shaped holes in the paper target rather than neat little round ones.

In a short pocket type .380 ACP this seems like a worthwhile alternative to FMJ or HP, neither of which function ideally. Frankly I don't see the point in larger calibers.

The Lehigh is a different animal.

Hadn't seen this before...thanks for posting about it.

I think we're all to jaded and cynical to put much stock in the claims of a new ammo design but it's got the Ruger name behind it so maybe THIS time it really is a game changer. Guess we'll see.

The thing most people seem to forget is that most bullets are used to put a hole in paper or make a metal sheet play a note. I'd like to see more plastic bullets that are reliable and waste less metal. Ideally I'd like to see a biodegradable projectile but I won't argue that one.

I wonder if partnering with Ruger will help them get the bullets out. I'd have tried some already but I can't get my hands on them. 9mm is backordered on Cabelas (both brands) and no one locally has ever had them. Maybe Ruger will take over some of the production.

Interesting concept, I havent seen anything like these. I would like to shoot a box or two to see how they work.

Back