Ruger AC556

CDE

Inactive
I called Ruger today nad they said they will no longer accept AC556's for repair. How can that be if the AC556 has a "lifetime" warranty. I know htey cna do whatever they want but to no honor a warranty is kind of strange to me. Will a regular gunsmith be able to change out a barrel for this gun or what are my options?

They have changed the specs on the mini-14 rifles and don't have many of the parts left for the old design. If they don't have mini-14 parts, they aren't gonna have AC556 parts.

That's what I heard.

Everytime someone sent in an AC556 for repair and they sent out a new gun, one transferable was removed from the registry, they had to run out sometime.

That was for a damaged receiver.

They don't need to send out a new gun for a shot out barrel. They have however changed their barrel design so you can't get a new barrel. Same goes for other parts.

Everytime someone sent in an AC556 for repair and they sent out a new gun, one transferable was removed from the registry, they had to run out sometime.

That's not correct. They did refurbs on your existing receiver.

However, this news is disturbing to me - I have an AC556 and it could use a refurb. Hmmmm, maybe I'll give them a call myself to verify.

AC 556

Please let me know if you find out anything different than I did. I just need to know if a gunsmith can repair anything or are we just SOL.

Back