Ruger 9mm question

Nightcrawler

Ruger makes quite a few autos in 9mm. The P85, the P89, the P93, P94, and P95. The P85, 89, and 94 all take the same magazines.

So, what's the difference between all of these? I've been contemplating a Ruger, and there are plenty of after-market 15 round mags available still.

I have a P89, full size and a P95 compact polymer frame. The magazines interchange with no problems. Most all of the aftermarket mags I have tried work great in the Rugers. I'm thinking of picking up a PC9 carbine next. The same mags will work in that too.

If you are referring to differences between model series, there are small differences between each such as barrel/overall length and size. One important difference with the earlier P-series and P95/97 is alloy vs. polymer frame. As a general rule, if you only get one Ruger, get a P95 or P97 as they are regarded as the best of the P-series Rugers.

Plateshooter ---- you hear the PC9 calling, don't resist! (and it's trigger won't melt with brake cleaner :) )

One small note

The early P85's took a different magazine than the rest. Sorry, I don't remember the serial number cutoff.

Back