Ruger .22LR Bisley - Opinions Sought

DennisE

I've got a Ruger Super Single Six and love it. I'm thinking about getting a 2nd SA .22 so I don't have to adjust my sights every time I switch cyclinders. The .22LR & .22 Magnum both shoot great, but have different points of impact. Thinking of keeping the Single Six for .22 Magnum and (for diversity) getting the Bisley for .22LR. Anyone shoot a .22 Bisley? Opinions? Facts? Educated guesses? How is it? Dennis

I just got a ruger bisley .22 myself but have not been able to get to the range with it yet. Got it as a companion piece to my bisley .357mag. The .357 is a great shooter with much less perceived recoil(for me) than a std blackhawk. I will be taking it out to the range this weekend and see how it does. In my case, the bisleys are range guns. The all steel frames are appealing on the firing line but sure do make for a lot of weight in the field. The bisley is not near as popular as the single-six. Some find the grip and hammer position slower into action.
I had considered a Brownells bisley frame conversion but backed off on it due to the steel frames being "in the white" (staying with a blue gun) and fitting required.
I do believe that the quality of blueing on the bisleys are a step up over the single-six and blackhawks.

BISLEY 22'S

I OWN 2 BISLEY 22'S LAST TIME I LOOKED. ONE IS A 4 5/8" STAINLESS STEEL BISLEY, THE OTHER IS A 6 1/2" BLUE BISLEY, THE SECOND LOWEST SERIAL NUMBER BISLEY 22 KNOWN TO HAVE LEFT THE RUGER PLANT.
THE BLUE ONE SHOOTS SUPERBLY AVERAGING AROUND .70" AT 25 YARDS WITH IT'S FAVORITE AMMO AND AN INCH + WITH EVERYTHING ELSE.
THE STAINLESS BISLEY IS AS PICKY AS A MILLION DOLLAR HOOKER AS TO IT'S DIET AND GENERALLY IS AT ITS' BEST WITH CCI 22SHORT MINIMAGS; DON'T ASK ME WHY. IT DOES REALLY PERK UP WITH THE 22MAG CYLINDER FROM A 1965 3-SCREW SUPER SINGLE SIX USING W-W 22WRF AMMO.

After having purchased Ruger Bisleys in .357, 44 mag and 45 long colt, finally bought a 6 1/2" Bisley in .22 LR.

I simply enjoy taking it to the range to do a lot of informal plinking with it. There are always enough plastic soda bottles and tin cans at the far end of the range to present a challenge.

The beauty of the Bisley is their target style grip and very adjustable rear sight. I personally find the smaller frame and 6 1/2" barrel to be better balanced than their larger centerfire brothers with a 7 1/2" barrel.:) JMHO. Safe shooting.

THE RUGER STAINLESS 22 BISLEY

THIS IS ONE OF 55 EVER BUILT IN '94 FOR "THE SHOOTISTS" IN MEMORY OF TOM RUGER AS HE AND I HAD DRAWN UP THE ORIGINAL SPECS FOR IT JUST BEFORE HE GOT LEUKEMIA IN AUGUST OF '92. HE DIED IN FEBRUARY OF '93.
MINE IS SERIAL NUMBERED BESIDE TOM'S BROTHER, WILLIAM B RUGER JR.

I've had one for years and love to shoot it. Likely you will, too. Good groups and looks neat.

I'm similar to several other posts. I have a .357 Magnum Bisley and I love it (even more than my Blackhawk). I haven't had a chance to shoot/hold the .22 Bisley, but I suspect that will be my next purchase!

Back