Ruger .22 Caliber

TEC9

What's your opinion on the Ruger .22's looks. Am I the only person in the world who things that the thing looks like S**T!

I'm sure it's one of the most accurate .22's, but what the hell do you think of the way it looks?

------------------
Go get me my gun, it's the one that says "Bad MOTHERF****R"

I'm talking Ruger MKII only.
I think it looks real cool, MK-4B in particular (shorty with a bull barrel).
What looks real ugly, I think, is Mountain
Eagle .22 cal pistol.

Well, I'm particulary fond of my MKII (KMK-512). I find the bull barrel ones more attractive than the standard ones, but that's just me.

The ruger 22/45 with the bull barrel for the best looking and for darn sure the most accurate one out there for the least money.

I think the MK2 looks great, both models-standard and bull barrel, standard has a Lugeresque look to it (cool), and the bull barrel model looks like it came straight out of a mob flick (cool also).

If you think they look bad, pick one up- they definitely don't feel bad-real nice build quality.

I can't bite my tongue. I think it's ugly. I know looks don't matter, but this is too much. I might have to go with the the Buckmark.

Ruger .22 pistols have something in common with Glocks - pretty is as pretty does. Both are so reliable, it's hard to believe. Beauty is, indeed, in the eye of the beholder. :)

------------------
OJ
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Gun control is a steady hand and hitting with the first shot.

Don't forget Ruger also makes .22 revolvers! The Bearcat looks as good as it always has!

------------------
Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets replaced.....

Ugly,,,, well I have a Ruger MkII stainless slab side government target model... what a mouth full and I think it is awfully pretty. With the lamenated wood grips, this gun is not bad to look at and is a dream to shoot.

Now ugly is my Smith and Wesson Model 41. This gun to me is nothing short of ugly with a capital UG... smile, but what it lacks in looks, it more than makes up for in ten rings...

Merry Christmas.

Judge Blackhawk

TEC9 I agree with you-- the bull barrel looks like a piece of plumbing and the whole
thing looks like a kids toy.But they are cheap and mostly they go OK.I had a good one
--it always felt like an air pistol to me and
in the end I sold it--just because of its
looks.
Now I have a Woodsman and to me it looks
beautiful.Not everyone is the same of course
--some people like the look of Liz Hurley
(I do)and some like the look of Madonna (I
don't--look at the head on her,it would
frighten a dog out of a butcher shop).
I feel the same about a couple of other guns
too,but I won't say which in case someone
starts crying.

Blue Heeler,

Looks like a kids toy huh, thats definitely an interesting observation.

I have a Tec DC9, couple Kimel AP9's, Cobray M11-now those really look like kids toys.

I have been shooting MK2s for 26 years. They are SUPERB pistols. They are extremely accurate and can't be worn out. I have tried. If you want pretty buy a nice necklace.

My two cents:I think the 5 1/2 inch bull bbl. looks sharp. Mine would be a lot prettier, though, if it was easier to get back together after I field strip it to clean it.

I like mine, Would be alot nicer if it would field strip and go back together easier then it does. I guess this might be like the Glock is to some people. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Best of Health and Happiness to one and all.
Happy New Year.

------------------
Help Stamp Out Gun Ignorance.

I HAVE A 10" MARK II target with a bull barrel, and it is a dream to shoot. cant miss the target if I tried, and it is also a beautiful gun. I traded a glock 23c for it, and no regrets.

------------------
10MM Magnum.... tried the rest, now I got the best

Tec9 I would like you to contact me off line
at: wmarshall@awt-co.com. Your email
address is not listed on the firing line.
Thanks Walt...

Back