Ruger 22 cal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickster

Does anyone have any info on the ruger gov. 22 slabside! Is this a nice gun or what ,I seen one today got to have it. Does any know of the accuracy, relibility, ease of cleaning, please let me know Thanks Nickster!

Nickster

I got one for Christmas and love it. I installed Houge grips and a Simmons red dot scope. I have shot 1" groups at 25 yards resting on a bench. This is the first pistol (of anytype) that i have that i can shoot this good. Keep the manual close when taken apart for cleaning,it has to be turned and held so & so for everthing to go back together.

Nickster,

The Mark II competition is a very accurate gun. You may want to check out a thread called "Ruger Mark II" --- the last posting was Aug 2. Many seem to like the the 22/45 better, but I find that I shoot better with the competition model. The gun comes with 1" rings, which you can return to the factory for 30 mm rings for a $5 handling fee. I mounted a cheap Tasco propoint red dot site on it, and hand-held groups of three inches are common at 25 yards.

The downsides are: 1) the gun is very heavy 2) cleaning it is royal pain 3) the magazine release is at the bottom of the grip.

have fun.

I've had a Target Competition for a couple of years now, and its a real joy to shoot. Very accurate.

The only thing I didn't like was the grips (the wood grips are pretty, but that's all they are.) Try the Hogue wraparounds with fingergrips -- about $16.00 most places.

Learning to strip it and get it back together will frustrate you for a week or two. (If you can find someone who has one, and he'll show you the trick, you'll find it's really easy.)

Or, better yet, go to
http://www.ontargetguns.com/rtips.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back