Ruger 22/45 vs. Mark II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mylhouse

Greetings all.
Today I just purchased a 22/45 .22 pistol new for $199 (4 inch bull bbl and two mags). I could have gotten the all steel Mark II bull bbl (both guns have target sights) for $42 more. I usually take metal over polymer, but I ended up getting the latter because of the lighter weight and the fact that it has the American style mag release. I kinda rushed to get the gun because I hear that Ruger is raising gun prices 5%, pistols an additional $15, and dealers are going to pass down UPS shipping charges to the customer come Dec 4. 1) Is this true?
2) Did I get an good deal?
3) Please give me your opinion on whether or not I chose the right pistol.
If you can't tell already from my other posts, I like reassurance. ;)

The local gun shops have signs up saying effective Dec. 4, 1999 all handgun prices will see a significant increase due to UPS's recent decision. :( :( Don't like that at all.

I think your .22 choice was good and the price was as good as I saw today (went to the gun show). I like both models. I'm looking fo the KMK-512.

There are too many guns on my list to get before Dec. 4. I'm having a hard time prioritizing. Shake

Good price.
Right pistol.
The 22/45 is more comfortable to shoot when shooting over 300 rounds at a crack. The Mark II digs into the web of your hand. I don't like gloves so this matters to me. My 22/45 is slightly over a year old and just passed the 20k round mark, so I shoot it a lot. The rubbing of steel against polymer on the 22/45 gives it a smoother action than the rubbuing of steel agains steel on the Mark II. FWIW, I paid $205.00 for mine.

You made the right decision. I purchased a 22/45 this year for the same reasons you did, and have not regretted it. Several thousands of rounds (and not a single misfeed) later, I'm very pleased with this pistol, as I'm sure you will be. I paid $189 NIB for mine, and with prices going up, you got a deal for $199. Happy shooting!

Sic semper tyrannis

freedomlover

I own 1 of each. Both have the 5.5" barrel.

If I could only keep one, it would be the 22/45.

It's lighter weight feels better in long range sessions.

Thank goodness I don't really have to choose.

Joe

------------------
Go NRA

Thanks, guys. After reading your posts, I'm glad I picked the 22/45 (does buyer regret just suck or what?). Damn, if you're going to put some Latin quote down, enlighten the less educated of us (namely, me) and put the English translation underneath! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back