Ruger 22/45 trigger

PLASTIC SIG

I was wondering if there are any tips on making my 22/45's trigger smoother?

Is there a quick trick of is this something only a gunsmith should do?

Also, if the G.S has to install a kit, where can i get a good kit and how much do they normally cost? I plan on shooting plates this summer and the original trigger is kinda tough.

Thanks in advance !

Tim :)

------------------
Why dont you get rid of that nickel plated sissy pistol and get yourself a glock. :::Tommy Lee Jones. U.S. Marshals:::

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PLASTIC SIG:
I was wondering if there are any tips on making my 22/45's trigger smoother?

Is there a quick trick of is this something only a gunsmith should do?

Also, if the G.S has to install a kit, where can i get a good kit and how much do they normally cost? I plan on shooting plates this summer and the original trigger is kinda tough.

Thanks in advance !

Tim :)
[/quote]

I made mine nice with a Volquartsen trigger (its wider and has an adjustable stop) from Midway for $18.00 and then I polished the hammer and sear contact areas. Its a little tricky if you don't know how to get it back apart/together. I have a 4.00lb trigger thats very smooth.
Robb

Hi there. I bought a 22/45 just after they came out and had feeding problems(it split bullets down the middle) due to a big burr on the lip of the ramp. I called Ruger, sent it back and got a surprise. They fixed the feeding problem, replaced the bolt and set the trigger to a crisp 2 1/2 pounds. I know they can do it right! Cost me nothing since they refunded my shipping, too. John

Wow !

Maybe I should just send it to ruger and tell them the trigger is stiff????

Wouldnt that be fantastic !

Seriously though,Im not looking for free upgrades, where can I get detailed instructions on how to polish these parts to make my trigger smooth ?

Besides, it'll be a cool project.

Tim : )

------------------
Why dont you get rid of that nickel plated sissy pistol and get yourself a glock. :::Tommy Lee Jones. U.S. Marshals:::

Back