Ruger 22/45- oops, I thought I was an armorer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

paull

I got a Ruger .22 cal model 22/45 at a recent gunshow and have come to love it dearly... Can shoot all day without breaking the bank and have gotten fairly good with it.
Okay, here is the kicker... I thought that 2500 rounds was enough through the pistol to go ahead and break down the bolt...
Good Grief! Where does the little bent pin and spring go that appeared from under the firing pin assembly and how would an idiot such as myself return it to it's proper place? Your assistance is, as always, much appreciated.
paull

Send to Ruger, they will send you a book for free. This part goes under the firing pin and holds it to the rear.

Joefo

[This message has been edited by Joefo (edited December 01, 1999).]

I believe I have figured it out...
It seems to fit well beneath the firing pin, spring to the rear with the bend in the pin facing down...
Does this sound right..?
It seems to put a bit of rearward pressure on the pin...
I haven't tried firing it yet and probably won't until I am somewhat satisfied with the setup...

Yep, you've got it. It's almost impossible to get the firing pin in and pinned if the spring and tab aren't in the right position. so you must have it right.

I exeeded my usual level of overconfidance and installed Volquartson trigger, sear and hammer in my 22/45 and Mk II. The problem with Rugers is that you need three hands to align and hold the parts in place while you ease the pins in. I'm a regular klutz but patience and care can get it done. Oh, and the improvement was sure worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back