Ruger 10/22 for subsonic ammo in a suppressor

CDR_Glock

I built my Ruger to shoot subsonic ammo.

I used the lightest recoil spring that came with the Kidd kit.

cdfdaac738a95d85e0ac4e60973dc7fc.jpg

Ruger 10/22

Magpul Hunter Stock
Kidd Trigger
Tactical Advantage Threaded Barrel
T&J Suppressor
Kidd bolt lever/guiderod/springs
Kidd Extractor

Only factory parts are the receiver and the bolt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Using Aguila SS, my 10-22 with the factory spring will run most of the time with the 10 round mag but not with a fully loaded 25 rounder--too much drag on the bolt by the rounds in the mag. What I found was that my trigger finger can "outrun" the bolt occasionally. I was on a kick of trying to get 3 bullets on the way before the first hit the 100 yard plate and maybe 50% of the attempts failed because the bolt hadn't fully closed when I triggered the next shot.
I would caution that you NOT use HV ammo with those light springs unless using a good synthetic buffer pin.

I actually removed my buffer pin completely when I put an Archangel stock on mine. It runs like a clock even though it shouldn't. In fact it runs better than it ever did without the can. It seems to like gemtech 42gr subs.

Good looking setup. My 10/22 runs flawlessly with subs while my can is attached. Just with factory springs, synthetic buffer pin and the upgraded BX trigger kit. I honestly haven't tried shooting subs without the can attached though.

I've had zero issues with my bone stock 10/22 take-down running a Silencerco Sparrow. For subsonic, my LGS carries Gemtech .22LR; it's fantastic stuff. With or without the can, it feeds and shoots well.

CCI subsonic is all I shoot through my suppressed 10/22, and it functions just fine and accuracy is as good as any other type through it.

CCI subsonic functions 100% in my 10-22 (stock springs, SBX barrel) and in my
22/45 (factory short threaded barrel, stock springs).
Aquilla is not 100% in either, but it is more accurate in my Savage FV-SR.

Going to give the new CCI Sub-Sonic CLEAN stuff a try when I get some time.

Back