Ruger #1 25-06

olrodder

Inactive
My late uncle left me a Ruger #1 barreled action in 25-06. It is unfired, has a rail type scope mount installed (no idea when it was done, or by who) and was wondering of a source for a stock and fore end for this rifle. It's a heavy barrel so doubt I'd lug it around very much.
Thank You....
Clarke

Is the barrel factory? It sounds like it may be a 1 V. You should try to get a front stock with a nice fat profile.

Another source might be Ruger themselves. It wouldn't hurt to inquire.

Thank You gentlemen... I appreciate your input. Yes it is a factory barrel, quite heavy, but I can not find a "V" anywhere on the action or barrel.
Thank You again..
Clarke

There probably isn't a V on it. Ruger now calls the heavy barreled model the Varminter. It's just a heavy barreled Ruger No. 1. Still, it's a nice rifle and would make an excellent whitetail deer rifle for the long-range shooter. And, 25-06 is one of my favorite calibers. We have four of them in the family, but we don't have a Ruger #1.

Great action, great cartridge. My first call would be to Ruger. This is what mine looks like. Real accurate too, especially with my handloads. This target was ~150 yards away and I was shooting off the hood of my pickup.

Thank You again gentlemen. At this point I am trying to decide what to do with this rifle. I'm getting too old to shoot it, I have too many others that I like very much, and although it does have a home made stock on it, I consider it only a barreled action. It has not had a round through it since leaving the factory in the 80's.
Clarke

Back