RR 5.11 Tactical Vest

HKguy9

I looked at the specs for these and they look interesting...'concealed carry' pocket and rifle magpouches on a photo vest?

Does anyone have one? Could be a better solution than an LBV as you won't stick out too much.

Besides...it's TACTICAL! And probably Urban.

I just got hooked up with some Royal Robbins for my showroom and it is the first time that I have really seen them up close. The thing that is nice about them in my opinion is that you can dress casually in them; but they are also made 'right', in the 'right' places.

LBV is a Better idea for any kind of hard use, as it's generally built stronger and is purposefully designed for use as LBE.

I've an old blackhawk that works well in that role.

The newer Blackhawk and eagle LBVs that are built like actual vests don't stick out at all.

Wearing a vest is right up there with fanny packs for broadcasting "HEY, I'm carrying a gun!"

Ross.. I think Skunkabilly is talking about this.

8001vest.jpg

Wearing a vest is right up there with fanny packs for broadcasting "HEY, I'm carrying a gun!"

Really ?

I know someone who regularly has carried for many years a PPK in lots of places he really shouldn't get caught doing so (south of a certain border for example) and he's never been "made" despite always wearing a popular example of the garment described here.

More to the point, this individual has had occasion to NEED the weapon on two occasions- so no arguments about the risk vs. reward.

I don't think many people outside of CCWers, gun people, etc. think 'gun' when they see a vest. Maybe cops and maybe bad guys but who knows (I'm neither). I think people here think 'gun' if you dress like a hoodlum but otherwise don't expect a 'simple civilian' to have a gun. Here, guns are for cops, bad guys, and the military.

Saw one of these today in the local copshop. Not bad if you don't mind the photog vest look. I use a Concealed Carry Clothiers Tropic vest, which is the ultimate low-key-look vest, designed to hide a piece. Cost is about the same.

Back