Royal Robbins 5.11 Tactical clothing

GlockPower

Just bought one of the 5.11 tactical pants, for $39.99, and it feels great...looks great, and has the popular pocket that is a perfect fit for a Glock magazine (mine has my streamlight scorpion in it right now).

My only complaint is that its a bit pricey compared to other BDU style pants, should be more like 29.99 when regular BDUs are $19.99-$24.99. Maybe even $34.99 but $39.99 was a bit much...

We'll see how it holds up, they have a website at www.511tactical.com

Apparently when the made the pants for the FBI's new agent training program at Quantico, the pocket was designed for a Glock magazine...

Just for your information, the RR 5.11 pants was originally designed for mountain climbing and hiking. The little front pocket was for a cell phone and the loop over the rear slash pocket was for attaching carabiners, but the loop works just fine for holding a holster in place.

I just stopped in at Diamond Brand Outfitters in Naples, NC to get a pair and they were out of black. The pants seem a little short in the back, but that could be my big butt pulling the beltline down.

Otherwise, it looked like something good for work. The loop over the rear right pocket, advertised as a good holder for the longer maglights, is in the wrong place if that's the reason for the design. If they want these pants to be truly tactical, that loop should be over the left rear pocket, leaving the stronghand to operate the sidearm/radio/whatever. I'll probably cut mine off.

They are expensive!!! If this pair doesn't hold up, I'll go back to my regular pants that don't look so wannabe-cheesy.

The 5.11 pants was designed as a mountain climbing pants by a mountain climber. Royal Robbins is a world class mountain climber. The loop over the right rear pocket is for attaching climbing carabiners.

Back