Round Ball & Pellet Duplex Loads

Badger Arms

I have been refining the nail-gun blank & Pellet loads of late. Posted a new video showing a strangely useful load. Let me know what you think.

http://youtu.be/QYl9yNLrRBQ?list=PLn_j2ZbGyH0Abij53GeAfQOx70jWhN2c6

15733209674_27e07cb913_o.jpg

Last edited:
You know that it's not that hard to buy real .22 ammo anymore. I see it on the shelves more and more. I see signs of the drought breaking and once it becomes routinely available, the hoarders will quit buying it just because they can which will reinforce the availability and soon the shelves will be stocked and possibly even discounted.
Give it a year or so.

Agreed, but it's nice to have some extra tools in your belt should we see another ammo drought like this one again in our lifetimes. ;)

I find this interesting but I'd just as soon load a pellet in a .223 case with .5 to 1.0 grains of Red Dot. The one time I tried this, I had good results. Shooting in my garage, the pellet would embed 1/2 way to full in a pine 2x6 and a couple would be lower than flush. I only shot about 20 but the accuracy seemed pretty good.

I've found pellets that are more suitable than the ones I had on hand but and I may order some and try this again but in my .22 Hornet instead of my much heavier .223... The cost of a primer and a pinch of powder is about the same as .22 LR ammo.

Tony

Pellets

Take a .223 case. Size it. Bore out the primer with a B drill (iirc). Put a bit of bevel on the hole. Seat a .22 pellet by inserting it through the primer end of the case and seat it in the neck. Insert a 209 shotgun primer. Shoot .

Back