Rough Handguard on Ruger PR

Swifty Morgan

My Ruger Precision Rifle arrived. I got the scope set up and installed, and I attached a bipod.

Question: is it normal for these things to have rough edges around the holes in the handguards? Mine reminds me of a cheese grater.

I could deburr it, but I'd have to get someone to redo the anodizing or whatever it is.

I sent an inquiry to Ruger. Maybe they're all like this.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 07 10 20 Ruger Precision Rifle with Scope Mounted on Mat small.jpg
    07 10 20 Ruger Precision Rifle with Scope Mounted on Mat small.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 100
They make fillers that fill up those holes. But, I've found that wrapping it with medical type coban tape. It softens the grip, can be replaced quick and in a hurry, still breathes pretty well to dissipate heat, seems to help the mirage of a hot barrel, comes in just about any color you want. Yeah, it looks kinda hillbilly and tacky, but I've found that if your targets look like you know what you're doing, folks tend to leave you alone about the looks thing.

Where did you get the rifle I ask because that does not look like their stock handguard to me it doesn’t look anything like mine which is a GEN 2

EDIT

Looks like you have the GEN 3 model which has the M lock hand guard my GEN 2 has a key mod . My edges are not sharp and do not need the burning in anyway but are also not rounded in anyway either . Fhey definitely have an edge But nothing too aggressive

Last edited:
Back