Rost Martin

Mosin44az

Don’t really see anything on this forum about this new gun, from a new company. So here’s my two cents.

From its materials and reviews, Rost Martin appears to be serious about quality, and indeed, though very plain looking, the gun (the model is the RM1c) appears to be very well made, with excellent front and rear serrations on the slide, serrations on the top to cut glare, bilateral controls.

Trigger is very good to excellent, almost too light (I’ve had a couple of premature discharges already!)(glad I was pointing down range), with a quick reset. The gun can be fired very fast, and accurately, out to 10 yards at least. The front sight seems a bit large for long range shooting.

Good grip feel, but the gun feels very light and has surprisingly sharp recoil. This does not prevent fast, accurate shooting but it is quite noticeable compared to even a Glock 19, which weighs about two ounces more.

The pistol takes CZ P-10 magazines and Springfield XD/XDm sights, so it helps they used existing popular pistols for those items. It comes optics ready, with an included RMR plate. Comes with 15 and 17-round magazines and small and large backstraps in addition to the installed medium.

Mine cost only $450, I consider it an excellent value considering the apparent quality, the trigger, the combat accuracy and the features listed above.

The downsides are the relatively stiff recoil and the dull styling, which almost looks like an AI program was instructed to design a generic “pistol.”

I will try to include a photo below. Newbie at attachments.

Sorry it failed my upload without explanation…..Google “Rost Martin” for pics.

Last edited:
https://www.rostmartin.com/rm-firearms/

Rost-Martian0476-2.png.webp

Here's a link and its photo.

I'd not heard of this pistol. The price is about what I'd pay for a G19Gen5. The RM1C would be a bit less than a G19Gen5MOS (Blue Label pricing).

Thanks for trying one out. It takes a lot for me to buy into a specific new gun on the market. I suppose I've passed on some good ones, though (like a Walther PDP Compact), due to lack of wanting and needing it enough.

Thanks for posting the shot. It actually looks fairly slick in that photo, in black. Mine has the gray frame.

Looking closely, mine looks slightly different. My undercut below the trigger guard is smoothed out, and mine has a small shelf as a trigger stop. They may still be developing it.

The site’s virtual reality display shows my “version “ with the trigger stop.

Last edited:
IIRC they partnered with Arex, as the model you mentioned is a version of the Arex Delta (Gen 2). I had an Arex for a while and liked it, though mine was not as reliable as some of my other pistols.

Hah didn’t realize that.

So it’s like Springfield making the XD, and later XDm, out of the HS2000. Nice to know the basic engineering has been proven.

It looks like a Taurus TS9 body mixed with a Stoeger STR9 slide. For the price if it's reliable it could be a solid option for folks

If I’m not mistaken, designed and built similar to one of the AREX pistols , its thin , similar in thinnest to a P365 .. the co-owner of the Rost Martin company is the daughter of Springfield Armorys owner.
The prices when the pistol rolled out were very competitive.. since then ,they have risen and now are scarce ..and limited.
I think if they can get some decent marketing, and production in full swing they should make a impact on the market.
Being I have worked in marketing.. I notice that aspect of companies.. and their marketing is close to non-existent.
If I’m not mistaken GBGUNs has reviewed this pistol.

They were heavily advertised when they first came out to the point my LGS, which is huge had them prominently displayed on their webpages and bombarded my email box with emails about them. Now about a year later I don't even see them in the store.

IMO another poly pistol striker fired in an extremely competitive market with cut throat pricing. My concern with these new manufacturers as a potential buyer is will they be around in a few more years and what will service and parts availability be. I remember when Honor Guard was the new hotness for a while and don't think they are around any more.

I have seen M&P 2.0 at about the same prices as these go for when running their rebate. CZ P10 series pistols for even less. Not surprised this new manufacturer is not catching on.

Not for me, thanks. Yet another pistol in a caliber I'm not crazy about, with features I don't like, don't want, and won't buy. Not even at half the price.

If you like it, buy one, heck, buy two. Not something that interests me, but thanks for the report so now I know what it is, and isn't.

Unless my eyes are wrong...that grip is 100% the copy of an M&P and PDP/PPQ slide serrations.

I'm thinking on the Archon Type B. Possibly lowest slide and possibly least amount of flip. There you have a product that has a feature difference.

This one...I guess I'm unclear what would be the selling point for a new entry over an established.

$350 price tag on an unknown...not sure there is that much room for another FMK option?

Not a put down. I am just unclear on the appeal.

I was interested in the Archon Type B also. Bear Arms had one I handled in the store.

Not impressed by the Archon trigger, and it has a strange protrusion at the tang that goes into the web of your hand, with the idea possibly of causing a tighter grip? It felt weird. Something to look at if you find one.

Oh and it cost $800…..

Truth be known, I bought the Rost because I had a 10 percent off coupon at Shooters World that was about to expire. I guess it’s not really a bargain if you buy something you don’t need….

However, so far, having bought it, it performs well enough to keep at least for awhile. It shoots.

Back