Rossi vs. Wichester

Road Dog

Inactive
I've been looking for a rifle in 45 Colt to go along with my Vaquero, and was wondering about two of the possible candidates. The first one is a Rossi Winchester 92, and the other is a Winchester 94AE Carbine without the cross bar safety. Can anybody give me an idea as to how the two guns compare as to accuracy/reliability? Thanks, RD

Go with the Winchester. I've got a 94 Trapper in .45 Colt and love it. Some of my friends have bought Rossis and run into feeding problems and poor accuracy. Rossi isn't really that bad, but the Winchester is much better.

I have the Winchester. I don't know if they ever made it in .45LC without that dumb safety, but I just ignore it on mine. As for accuracy, all I have shot mine at so far is at 25 yards, but all I get is one ragged little hole. I think the Rossinis better looking, but the stock is about 1 inch too short to be comfortable for me. The Winchester fits me like a glove.
Paul B.
COMPROMISE IS NOT AN OPTION!

I have a Winchester 94 Legacy in .45 Colt and love it. It is a natural pointing rifle and, in my opinion, is very accurate for the type of gun it is. I have had as much fun with it as with any rifle I own. I can't critique the Rossi since I have never shot one.

The Win. 94 has the safety, but, like Paul, I gotta say, so what? I've never understood all the flap over it.

Back