Rossi r92 loading gate spring

Beep87

Inactive
New Rossi stainless with blued loading gate spring

Just bought a new Rossi r92 16in. Stainless 38/357 when it came it was from the factory in a plastic bag like all my other (3) Rossi s came but had a sticky preservative on it and the loading gate spring is blued not stainless . All the pictures I saw before I purchased it showed all stainless except the sights. My other Rossi are blued. Any ideas? Thx

Check the parts list for blue and stainless 92s. See if that part # is the same or different. If they're the same, then the metal isn't stainless and is probably nickeled or dull chrome plated. If the parts # are different, then the factory was more concerned with getting it out of the door than waiting for a new stainless part.

My friend's Rossi r92 bought a couple of months ago has a blued spring. I emailed another friend of mine to ask what his older one was and he hasn't written back yet. Not a big deal, IMHO. The newer one looks and shoots great. Best r92 I've ever seen or played with.

Update loading gate

Found others on Rossi Rifleman board that a lot of rifles have blued loading gate and many have polished the gate and think they are black stainless.

Back