Rossi Pump 22 barrel

Alex Johnson

My father was asking me to do some work on a Rossi copy of the 1890 Winchester pump. Basically I plan on reworking the action so that I can restock it with a pistol grip. I also plan on having Doug Turnbull do a case coloring job on it. Figure I would like to make it something like the deluxe, un-engraved, 1890's of yesteryear with a tang sight. But, I was wondering if anybody knows how Rossi is attaching the barrel to the receiver? I'm hoping it is threaded in, but I vaguely remember someone once telling me that they brazed the barrels in place. If they did, I guess my work will stop before it starts, since I won't waste my time and money on such a setup. I don't see any sign of pinning though and I would assume that would go with a brazing job. Anybody have any answers?

Thanks for the information, it does look like the barrel is threaded on from the diagram. As far as calling Rossi, for some reason firearms companies don't like it when you call for information that will be used to alter their products. I imagine the idea that I want to put a new barrel in the gun after color casehardening the action would scare the hell out of them.

Back