Rossi Navy rifle?

FoghornLeghorn

A local boy has a 45 Colt 92 Rossi Navy for sale. Octagon barrel. Case hardened receiver. He says it's in mint condition.

The Navy case hardened 92 on Gunbroker is upwards of $1900. But the Rossi Navy hasn't been made for several years.

Any experts on this rifle?

"...mint condition..." Means unfired and still in the original packaging.
Ain't no Rossi of any type that's worth $1900. Rossi supposedly made the M92's Navy Arms imported, but those aren't worth that much either. Not seeing any of 'em on Gunbroker(where a lot of the sellers are dealers.) You can have a Rossi R92 with ammo for about $600 on Gunbroker. Some guy in CA who funds the Brady Bunch by accepting only PayPal.

FWIW, Rossis are a so-so gun, just realize that you will put a couple hundred (or several hours if you knw what you're doing) into getting it running right. If you want a 92, get a Chiappa or Cimmaron. They cost more, but have fewer issues.

I have one in .44-40 and, other than a gritty feeling trigger and hammer which can be fixed in a couple of hours, it is a nice gun. Real American black walnut wood that is well fitted. The OE chemical case hardening is OK. I customized mine with the real bone CCH. The Navy Arms imported Rossi's are a step above the usual Rossi and worth about $500-600 depending on condition.

See my Rossi project thread on what they can be. Note that I've got about $800 in that gun including the original purchase price of $400 several years ago.

Back