Rossi M351 revolver parts/source question

bstogsdill

Inactive
Greetings. Thank you for letting me post here.

I picked up a Rossi project revolver. I was wondering if anybody can answer a question-

1. What are a few good sources for parts and parts diagrams? I am missing the front cover screw and I am not sure but there may be a spring and a plunger under the screw to secure the crane. ( the revolver is still in transit..)
2. Are the side plate screws metric? I believe this forearm is made in Brazil but it looks like a Smith & Wesson.

I looked at NUMRICH and they list a front cover screw but don't say anything about a spring or plunger.. but somewhere else it seems I saw that there was a spring and plunger that belongs under the screw. Of course i was on my phone and forgot where I saw this. And of course the screw is out of stock at numrich.

3. Does Rossi provide any replacement parts services?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Bradley

Update..the Rossi website revolver diagram shows a screw, spring, and plunger .... Numrich website shows only a screw..

Parts for Rossi revolvers are kind of a mixed bag. Many of the older Rossi revolvers you just cannot get parts for, Taurus/Braztech does not support Rossi revolvers from before the company acquired Rossi about 10-15 years ago, and many of the revolvers made under Braztech have no support or parts available. Braztech in general does not sell parts for their revolvers, they will service them in-house. Call Braztech/Taurus for info on support.

If you have a lathe and a mill and can cut screws you can make anything you need, but it's hardly worth the trouble. They are fairly simple revolvers, so parts can be made with hand tools, and you can buy metric screws and fit them if you have the patience.

Thank you Scorch. My goal here will be to get it back to proper running order with least expense. I do have a small lathe and hacksaw and files and a forge so it may be an interesting little project. If I can get it working dependably it may end up being a carry gun for me.

I will post pics as I go just in case someone else ends up having to do the same thing I do.
Regards

Here is a good source for smithing and parts.

Back in 2013 I needed some repair work done on an old "Interarms" imported Rossi 511,,,
I Googled and found this gentleman who had all of the parts I needed,,,
And did a great job repairing the revolver.

Mike McClellan

M&M Gunsmithing
2423 Carter Grove Rd
Unit B
Hazel Green AL 35750
571-276-7676 8:00am-4:00 pm CST
www.mmgunsmithing.com

Here's what I was told about him,,,
He was an in-house smith for Interarms,,,
When they folded he bought a lot of their parts inventory.

Anyways, he replaced the entire cylinder assembly,,,
And tuned the revolver very nicely.

All for $150.00,,,
Including return shipping.

I don't know if he's still in business,,,
But an e-mail should answer that question.

Hope this helps,,,

Aarond

Back