Rossi 720 .44 special?

Daedalus

Is this revolver still in production? How is Rossi's QC? What can I expect to pay for one of these? It looks really purdy.

720.jpg

1: No longer in production.

2:Quality of the 720s is very good.

3:The ones I've seen are in the $200-$300 range.

I just picked up the fixed sight, fluted cylinder, bobbed hammer version, used, at a pawn shop for $199. Haven't got to shoot it yet, still trying to get used to 2nd shift......should I stay awake..should I eat....... sleep.....:D

Mike M.

While perusing this site I have found that those of us that own a 720 seem to be quite attached to them. I used to see them frequently at gun shows, but they seem scarce nowadays. Prices lately have been in the $225-260 range here. My 720 is of much better quality than I expected when I bought it many years ago. Mine is the non-fluted cylinder and is accurate and fun to shoot. I found a Galco belt slide holster for a K-frame fits it nicely. When used for CCW it goes in an Uncle Mikes flimsy IWB.

Someone once stated here that the gun may be attaining "cult" status these days. I agree. It is a fine revolver.

I like (mine)

I bought a 720 with no rear sight for $200 in a private sale (yes, in Florida, you can still do that!). I promised it to my son-in-law for Christmas, and one of the people who frequent this board located a rear sight for me... and then I took it for a test run before I gave it to my son-in-law. Wow. It shoots better than I aim, and the overall feel/recoil is a real pleasure, especially compaired to any of my .357's (surprise!). Mine (well, now, my son-in-law's) has adjustable sights, and they are extremely easy to pick up and point. If I get a chance to buy another, I certainly will, and if you get a chance to buy one, you better get it before I do!

Keeper.........

I LOVE MINE TO DEATH! It is the first revolver I purchased. I tried once to sell it and then I had second thoughts(thank God). I never will do that again!;)

Back