Rosie's Family Scare

Zach

From www.Yahoo.com ...
---
Un-fun days for Rosie O'Donnell.
On the defensive since going on the offensive with gun-booster Tom Selleck, the Queen of Nice's woes multiplied when a threat against her 4-year-old son prompted her to sit out last Sunday's Tony Awards, it's been revealed.

Daily Variety reports O'Donnell was scared away from the Broadway show by an unnamed caller to the Howard Stern radio show who reputedly said Rosie was an unfit mother and son Parker should be kidnapped. (O'Donnell also has a daughter.)

The phone call was made last week. On Friday, O'Donnell, who previously turned down a chance to emcee the Tonys, notified producers she wouldn't be on hand to present an award, either. She cited a "family reason."

"It does make you not want to leave your children," O'Donnell rep Lois Smith says in USA Today.

"On the other hand, you try to downplay it and live your life because you don't want to give the fruitcakes out there power that they don't deserve."

O'Donnell's camp says it bears no ill will against Howard Stern, personally.

"We think he handled it extremely well. Somehow the caller got through, and Howard was caught totally by surprise," Smith tells the newspaper.

On today's show, Stern agreed--yes, he did handle it very well. The crank caller was said to be dispensed of quickly--his rants not becoming a big part of the broadcast.

Last month, Stern tried to crash O'Donnell's TV studio and challenge her to an impromptu debate on gun control. His gambit came a day after O'Donnell engaged guest (and National Rifle Association posterboy) Tom Selleck in an impromptu debate on, yes, gun control.

---
Zach

This reminds me of something, totally unrelated.. perhaps someone will make me move my post.....but:

First: I think the comment about kidnapping someone's son is as ludicrous, if not more ludicrous, as Spike Lee saying that Heston should be shot.....

Second,
On the topic of Stern and Rosie... I family member whom I seldom agree with once referred to Howard Stern as "Evil." I countered with, "he's one of the funniest guys on the planet, just entertaining.....(long diatribe regarding entertainment, which was especially relevant to the family member).." She still insisted that he was "Evil"...

I think Rosie's way of thinking and the things that she said are 100% more offensive, evil and potentially harmful to our society than any 10 things that Howard Stern has ever said put together.

..and I can't wait to tell her about it..next time we happen to be chit-chatting..
wink.gif

------------------
-Essayons

Can anybody tell where the author of the article was coming from? "...engaged guest (and NRA posterboy)Tom Selleck in ...."

To be fair they should have refered to Rosie as ..."hostest (and K-MArt postercow).....

wink.gif

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum

Back