Roscoe the G34 and Me

Mulio Rex

I stand before you an avowed sigaholic but in an attack of post election joy I went to my local gunstore and purchased for myself a G34.
I chose the G34 because It had all the fixins' I would have put on it and with its extended length it isnt nearly as grotesque as its brethren.
So, today I Stood in a proud weaver stance and gently squeezed that light and utterly odd feeling trigger....
*pop* dead center! *ting* brass hitting my glasses!
Hmmmm...
*pop* Dead center! *ting* brass hitting my glasses...

*pop pop pop* *Ting ting ting* ....Hmmmmm.... A flinch had begun to develop...
On the upside I was shooting a one hole group at 15 yards my first time out with the weapon, on the downside every time I shot I got a smack in the face, having only one eye left (right was gouged out in some teenage unpleasentness)Im NOT partial to things whizzing at my good eye.

...I topped off my preban magazine and began to fire a long rapid fire string... center center center left left left more left MORE left HEY WHERE IS MY REAR SIGHT???!!
The little bugger had popped right out of its dovetail!!

Now I ask you kind people, is this NORMAL behavior for a GLOCK?
Do they always smack you in the face?
Do pieces constantly fly off?
Or do I just have an eccentric weapon?

Wow!

I have owned three different model 34s and none of them tinged me in the face, nor lost their rear sights. [shrug]

All were accurate tho'. I would find a local Glock armorer and have the ejector and rear sight replaced. Glock would most likely do it for free. I know they will if you send it to them in Smyrna, GA.

Except for the rear sight falling off, I pretty much had similar results. Above average accuracy in Weaver and an empty casing at about ~1 in 4 or 5 rounds hitting me in the forehead. I had been using American Eagle and a police turn in normal capacity mag. (G34)

get rid of the POS adjustable sights as soon as possible.

are you using soft / weak ammo?

reloads? put some powder in there next time why dontya

maybe try some hotter stuff - get some 124 grain fiocchi & see where the brass lands.

always wear your eye protection!!

Ammunition used was 115gr.Whitebox FMJ, 115gr.PMC FMJ and the ever wicked 124gr Cor-Bon +P JHP.

The winchester tinged me in the face lightly, the PMC a bit harder and the Cor-Bon really whizzed em at me.

I gave the dovetail a dab o' locktite so I don't see the rear sights coming off anytime soon. 200 rounds today and they havent drifted, as a matter of fact I kinda like them.

A full 50% of spent casings continue to smack me in the noggin however....

I really resent the fact that this G34 is more accurate than my P226....

Back