Ron Paul to be on Leno tonight - 01/07/2008

Pat H

Seems Jay Leno was upset about the Fox decision to snub Ron Paul, and since he's in a unique position to do something about that that will have immediate effect, he's doing it.

Good for you, Jay.

Kucinich has dropped out.

No he hasn't. He's campaigning in NH right now.

This tells me quite a bit about Fox and the RNC

Yeah. It tells me that a private entity has and should be able to invite whomever they want.

It also tells me that because Hunter was also excluded that they had standards and stuck to them. The only one to blame for Paul not being there is Paul himself. He hasn't gotten anywhere near double digits in national polls and this was likely the standard used.

Howard Stern's endorsing....

Just my .02 about this...I would not be bragging about Howard Stern's "endorsement" of Ron Paul. From what the soundbite says, the only reason he likes him is his stance on the middle east and Iraq. Howard Stern is a shock-jock who will do all it takes to be the bada$$...I take nothing he says seriously.

From the recent events...the Hannity chasing, the "endorsement" by Howard Stern, his performance on the Jay Leno show, the writings dating back 20 years, and his showing at the debate this past weekend, I cannot bring myself to vote for him, still cant do it.

Put some of his ideas and theories in a candidate with a little backbone to LEAD his supporters and stand up and admit when they/him are wrong, then I would be all for him, until then...not a chance.

OK Stage2:

I'm going to wonder why a man who beat Rudy in Iowa was excluded but not the man he beat? I am also going to wonder why a man who has raised more money than most of the rest was excluded?

Rudy should have been excluded as he has nowhere near the resources as RP in NH. If you want to go by fund raising efforts, only Huckabee, Romney and Paul should have been at that debate. The rest have shown nowhere near the organizational strength.

No- the Republicans don't like Paul's message of fiscal responsibility, foriegn policy positions, and so they (and you) poke fun at him as your dollar slips in value and Al Qaida grows in numbers, and your favorite guys spend your grandchildren's future.

I'm going to wonder why a man who beat Rudy in Iowa was excluded but not the man he beat? I am also going to wonder why a man who has raised more money than most of the rest was excluded?

Oh I don't know. Probably because Rudy has been the huge frontrunner for a majority of the primary and is still within a statistical tie for first despite his poor showing in iowa. Add to that the fact that Rudy didn't go to iowa and you have an explanation. Paul was there for months and still came in 5th.

As far as the money raising issue, I'd say it hurts Paul more than anything. Every major network, Fox, CNN, MSNBC, has reported on Paul's fundraising. However he hasn't recieved any boost in the polls. That tells me that all the money in the world isn't going to change his campaign because people don't like what he has to say. You can't buy elections. If you could, Forbes would have been president a long time ago.

Rudy should have been excluded as he has nowhere near the resources as RP in NH. If you want to go by fund raising efforts, only Huckabee, Romney and Paul should have been at that debate. The rest have shown nowhere near the organizational strength.

Again, you are skewing the question to suit your result. Paul hasn't broke double digits AT ANY TIME in national polls. He showed poorly in Iowa. He isn't breaking any necks in NH. Hunter hasn't seen double digits either. He was dismal in iowa.

This was likely the reason for the decision. Every other person on the panel has been high in the polls at some point. Paul hasn't.

No- the Republicans don't like Paul's message of fiscal responsibility, foriegn policy positions, and so they (and you) poke fun at him as your dollar slips in value and Al Qaida grows in numbers, and your favorite guys spend your grandchildren's future.

Ah my favorite. Once again, anyone who doesn't like Paul is evil and will destroy the nation. If we don't go back to how things were in 1920 we are doomed.

The best piece of advice I can give you guys is quit whining. The reason why 3rd parties never make it is because they are complete sissies on the left and huge whiners on the right. You Paul guys are playing true to form.

Bottom line, if Paul can't weather not getting invited to a forum, then he doesn't have the chops for the job. If this is what "destroyed" his campaign, then it was never solvent to begin with.

Yeah. It tells me that a private entity has and should be able to invite whomever they want.

But fair and balance my a$$

And so much for the RNC being fair and standing for its old platform of real Conservatism.

Paul has raised more money than any of the GOP guys in the 4th quarter. (ave doination $50-100)

This tells me and others quite a bit about the RNC.

Good Luck Conservatives.....

Either a private entity can do what it wants or it can't. The whining is purely extraneous. If Paul wanted to be there then he should have done a better job of getting his message out.

Huckabee did so with far less money. Whats Paul's problem.

Back