Ron Paul says he won't try to run as an independent

nate45

Feb. 23, 2008, 6:45PM

AUSTIN — Acknowledging his imminent failure, maverick Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul said Saturday that he won't get back into the race for the White House as an independent candidate once a GOP nominee is solidified.

"I have no plans to do that," Paul told a small group of reporters before a rally. "I would suspect that if we don't win, if the trends continue we're not likely to win, that I will run for Congress."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/tx/5564853.html

Looks like RP is keeping his word.

I'll still write him in because it's either that or vote for Obama and put everything he doesn't like in a storage facility paid with cash. :p

I'll still write him in because it's either that or vote for Obama and put everything he doesn't like in a storage facility paid with cash.

I'll probably vote for Obama, because when he walks into the Oval Office, he's going to have so much crap on his plate, he'll never get around to worrying about my guns.:cool:

Bob

A shame that more Americans did not get behind a candidate that would represent and protect the Constitution, as opposed to voting on who they thought would win. RAH RAH.:barf:

This comes as a surprise? He said it at the start of the race, and the one thing everybody agrees about Paul is that he keeps his word. A lot of Republicans might not like the fact that includes his oath of office, but it's a defining characteristic of the man.

I guess I'll be voting for whoever the Libertarian candidate is, or writing in "None of the Above" if they manage to keep him or her off the ballot here in Michigan.

Back