Ron Avery

Jhp147

Ron Avery instruction?

I would appreciate any input/info from anyone who has taken any Ron Avery DBA Practical Shooting Academy handgun classes.

Last edited:
I have not taken any training directly from Ron Avery. However, I have viewed his three-tape video set and three friends of mine have trained with him on three separate occassions. Every one of them said that he is a phenomenal shooter and teacher. For a "how to shoot rapidly and accurately" course he is hard to beat.
If you haven't seen his tapes they are very worthwhile. Another good presentation of similar material in print would be Andy Stanford's Surgical Speed Shooting. Other training courses that would be similar, IMO are the OPS Surgical Speed Shooting class, and the Insights Intensive Handgun Skills class.

[Better late than never, I guess!!:)]

One of the more respected shooters in the US.
He has that reputation by getting it the hard way... He earned it.

It wont be a wasted effort going to one of his classes. I've not taken one myself from him... but I've known many fine shooters that have. All have good reports of his classes.

Money well spent. I know Ron personally and he's a hell of good guy, and a great instructor.

In fact, several years ago when I was a Master Class IPSC shooter I hired him for a personal 1 on 1 session to help me improve. 5 months later I made Grand Master.

I would highly recommend his training.

Bryan

Back