Romanian TTC

Clark500

Everything I've read says that the Romanian TTC mag capacity is 8 rounds, but I can only get 7 in mine. It feeds reliably with 7, but the 8th just won't go. The 7th is a little stiff to get in and feels like it reaches max spring comression. Are there different Tokarev mags with different capacities? Is it possible to reinstall the mag spring upside down or backward?

I took the mag apart and cleaned it well - so no cosmoline. That is why I asked about the sring installation. I know that improper spring installation can sometimes lead to mag problems.

As far as a "new one"... Well, it's new to me. :D I have no idea if the mag that came installed is new or not. The spare mag that came with it is still in grease paper, so I would assume it has never been used. I have not tried that mag.

Mine came with 2 mags. One will reliably feed 8 and one has the same problem you describe. The bad one will take 8 (with difficulty) but will usually jam after the first round. If I only load 7, it works fine. I just use it as is, but I figure another magazine might be in my future. Probably same for you.

Back