Romanian Mosin Nagant

dbupton

Inactive
I just traded a guy for his mosin nagant. He claims it is a romanian, which i do not know if it has any significance.

It says M1944 Cai or cal Georgia, VT Romania

It also says under its serial number 1954

I was wondering if anyone could give me some information on this gun.

"...CAI or cal Georgia, VT..." That's Century Arms International's importer's marks. Started in St. Albans, Vermont. Georgia, Vt. is their current cobbling/bubbafying/warehousing location. Century is known for assembling firearms out of parts bins with zero QC. Not even ensuring the headspace is good.
However, they just imported Mosin's. They didn't assemble any. So it should be safe.
Read this.
http://www.mosinnagant.net/global mosin nagants/Romo-Mosin-Nagants.asp

My Romanian M44 exhibited excellent fits and fininish. The action was smooth and never had a sticky bolt problem. Took a hog with it once. Sold it because the finish was non original and it had no collectors value.

Please for the love of god do not refinish the gun. Romanian Mosins aren't common.

Shot a deer with my Romanian M44 years ago. Bolt wasn't sticky, but it didn't match the receiver either. Thankfully the headspace was good, but years ago I didn't have enough sense to check the headspace on non-matching bolts. That was long ago and its currently living in my safe due to other projects. One day I'll bring her out again and show her off.

Back