Romanian M1969 Trainer

dreadnaught

I got one of those cute little commie trainers and it just doesnt want to feed. The rounds dont seem to be getting on to the bolt face properly. Here's waht I have done and it helped but hasnt cured it:
1) tried different magazines.
2) replaced bolt release lever spring
3) replaced extractor spring
4) polished firing pin
5) stoned the extractor
6) came here to beg for assistance.
I have high hopes for number 6.
Thanks
Dreadnaught out.

I'll bet it's the magazine - most magazines for sale in this country for the M1969 are Taiwanese, and don't fit exactly right. I'd almost bet they were intended for another rifle, since they look exactly like old Marlin .22 mags.

See if you can find any Romanian mags at a gun show, or order them online. I got a few from CDNN INvestments in Texas (search for them online) and they cured my feed problems.

Ken Strayhorn
Hillsborough NC

You said you worked on the extractor. Did you put a radius in the extractor for the cartridge to slip under? Watch very carefully as the cartridge is stripped and try to see exactly where it is handing up. This may give you a clue. Good Luck John K

I found a burr in the chamber mouth. A little light filing seemed to help considerably. Its gettin there. Slowly but surely.

Check to see if the fireing pin/ejector is "dragging" and not going back all the way with the bolt. I had one that kept jamming and fixed it by cleaning the slot the pin/ejector works in. Most of the pieces I have seen need the bolt cleaned before use.

Mike Foy
Custom Gunworks
Hubert, NC
(336) 577-4444

I polished the firing pin itself right off the bat. There may very well be a burr in the firing pin slot. There was on my first one.

Back