Rolling Block reproductions

You have a good eye !!!

Anyone have any experience here? This looks like a ton of fun and holy crap she is a beauty.
These have to touch your heart to be accepted. I am not familiar with this particular one Taylor but am familiar with Uberti and others. I suspect they may all come from the same Italian source. They are well made, reliable and yes, expensive. Many have upgraded from octagon barrels and metal butt-plates, to round and rubber. I prefer the older style. Might also add that the fit, finish and furniture, are excellent Oh yes!!! they shoot great.... :)

Be Safe !!!

Has an ugly forend. The originals did not have a forend that looks like that. I've asked Uberti to change it but they won't.

They would make a nice handy gun for plinking. Not accurate enough for serious target shooting and I want something other than a single shot for hunting. Not in case I miss, but in case the animal is wounder and suffering. I want a repeater so I can dispatch it quickly.

Take a look at the Ruger 77/357 if you are wanting a light .357 magnum rifle.

Your money, your call.

They say that an idea, is only as good as the time it takes for someone to say it's not. These are nice rifles even though I prefer a different caliber. As stated before, you have a good eye !!! ..... ;)

Opinions are just that :)

Be Safe !!!

Had a very nice Lone Star Rifle Co in 45-70 .The company is gone now but it was a gun I would have prefered to keep. Add a tang sight and you have a target rifle. It's actually much faster to reload than you think besides a 45-70 anchors them well ! :D Today the Italian ones seem to be the best deal.

Tippman is also producing a rolling block replica. Cannot speak to the quality, but it might be worth a look.

g

Tippman's stuff is a bit clunky, but really good quality overall. I serviced their paintball stuff for years and they are as tough and reliable as is possible.

Rothdel: I have had a Pedersoli Rolling Block in 45/70 for several years. And it shoots extremely well. And I shoot the rifle quite a bit, and I like it more every time I shoot it.
ken

Some years back, Navy Arms sold an Uberti (I think; Maybe it was Pedersoli) Rolling Block in .22LR. Now, I can tell you THAT gun was a real hoot to shoot, You still see them pop up occasionally on Gunbroker, et. al.

I have two original Remington Rolling Blocks, one an original 1902 in 8mm and the other a No. 4 (?) in .22 LR. They're both fun to shoot for different reason, as the 8mm kicks VERY badly.

Anyway, you won't regret the .357 which, obviously, has the added advantage of being able to shoot .38 Special.

I don't know exactly how long ago it was but Star in Spain made some really short (mine has a 16" barrel) RBs in 30-30 and 45/70. I would NOT want to shoot this 6 pound rifle in 45/79 caliber.

standard.jpg

Back