Rohm RG 14 revolver

Boondocker

Hi all

A friend of mine gave me a pistol from his late mother in-laws house and his wife says no guns in their house. Anyway I think it is an el cheapo but maybe if I find out what the estimated value I can slip them a few bucks or their kids any hows. It is a little 22 revolver. Rohm RG 14 six shot. About 85 % condition. The oil in it turned to sludge but after I cleaned it up it seems to function ok... TY in Advance Boon

Boon, the Rohm/R.G. Industries revolvers were inexpensive when they were new. Today, a Model RG-14 in the condition you've described might be worth about $60-$70. Hope this helps!

Steve Mace

The RG-14's only claim to fame was that one was used by John Hinckley to shoot Ronald Reagan. Sadly, that time it worked, something that is never certain with those guns.

The price estimate by Steven is a retail price, and about right if you want to give them a fair market value. If you want to shoot it, fine, but I would not spend any money on it, and there are few parts available if it breaks.

Jim

SAFETY IS AN ISSUE!

Please do NOT keep a loaded chamber under the hammer. A solid bump will set it off, probably at a very inconvenient time and place.

Best,
Johnny

Back