Rogers & Spencer Revolver - Full Review

Excellent video as always. It's a real shame more of these revolvers aren't being made, they look like they'd be a lot of fun to shoot.

That was a great video Mike, I really enjoyed it. I love the boom of those smokewagons! Keep up the great work, I'm looking forward to more videos.

Great video but I still would prefer a Colt or Remington simply because of how the cylinder is cut. I see no way to load six chambers and have a place to set the hammer the way the cylinder is scalloped out for the nipples.

Great video Mike and the R & S is a fine weapon but was not made for fast shooting with that high hammer spur, and for me, is too big for my hands. But I do enjoy the variety.

Excellent review.

I plan to get a brace of these to go along with my Remington 1863 "Zouave" rifle for use in Civil War reenactments. Does anyone know which units carried these two guns at the Battle of Antietam? :confused:

;)

Model 12,

I don't think anyone carried any of those guns at Antietam. As I understand it, most of the Rogers and Spencers went unissued, and I believe the Zouave rifles suffered a similar fate. It would have been pretty unlikely that you would have encountered either firearm during the war years.

Edit: sorry, saw the winky face, so I'll assume you're pulling my leg =P

Nice video.

Looks like it has a beefier grip then the Remington which might make it easier to shoot well, but I like the Remington sight better and the lower hammer spur. Still, nice to see a review of this rare gun - hopefully someone picks up making it.

I don't think anyone carried any of those guns at Antietam. As I understand it, most of the Rogers and Spencers went unissued

All 5000 of them were unissued and kept in storage until 1901. The entire lot was sold to Bannerman for fifty cents apiece.

Back