Rof

czc3513

What rate of fire do you like most.
Personally I like high ROFs.
I dont have experience with full autos but I think that I would want to get the lead out as fast as I can.
Again my favorite rifle is the FAMAS G2 because it fires at 18 rounds per second.

1,800 rpm from the Micro-Uzi.

As long as you don't squeeze the trigger and try to empty the magazine, which I tried and got a big shock [it climbs like mad!], it is a phenomenal weapon. Compact, mean looking and very quiet with a sound suppressor added. Bursts are awesome, because you think you are going for a 3 round burst and 7 or 8 come out!

If you don't have any experience with autos how do you know high rate of fire is what you like? Some people don't like the greasegun with it's REALLLLY slow rof until they try it.

I've heard of M11/9s and micro uzis getting up to 2200 rpm with MACJACKs installed, but what's the fun in having a super fast runaway like that? It sounds fun for 1 or 2 mags but dumping 30 rounds in 2 seconds into the ceiling gets old fast.

In a man-portable firearm, I like the sound of a ROF of 500-900 RPM. It sounds more "real" than a buzzgun (e.g.M10). It's also much more controllable than a higher ROF.
As for GE products, 3000 RPM+ is COOOOOL.:D

Last edited:
Combat, you want controlable sooo around 900 RPM's is going to be good.

The "GE" minigun doesn't really exist anymore, it's now made by Dillon Aero.

Combat, you want controlable sooo around 900 RPM's is going to be good.

100% agreement here. If you've never shot a full auto, you may think a higher RoF is better, but with the higher cyclic rate there is usually a concomitant loss of controllability. Higher RoF = more wasted rounds downrange = more mag changes = more vulnerable time. It also means more ammo needs to be carried which impedes movement and also increases vulnerability.

Isn't the M-16/M4 series ROF, around 600-750rpm cyclic?

Sounds about perfect to me...
Isn't the AK ROF more like a chuc,chuck,chuck. Where as the M-16/M4 series is more like FRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR:eek: ?

If at all possible I'll take the one that could razzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz something.

Damn you guys! Especially you Shaggy:) . Now I will have to break out my,"HellFire trigger attatchment",(fiddle with it for a few minutes to get it straight) and then get some simulated auto-fire:( ,(which abrubtly ends with 3-5 round burst, and the HAMMER,"LOCKED-UP", under the bolt carrier on it's return to battery:( . But damn are those three rounds fun, it even,"bump fires", off the shoulder if get the trigger attacthment just right(which I have only gotten correct twice:( , so I don't use it but for the Fourth of July and New Years to avoid the neighbors thinking I'm a criminal
:rolleyes: damn sheeple!!

Extremely High Rofs are only really useful when your almost nose to nose.

On a side note, is the micro-uzi really 1800 rpm, because Ive never had one but I have read in a few places its 1200-1300

It's actually less that the UZI published numbers as well...it's more like 1200, 1400....

and the big one is a bit HIGHER than the published numbers also.

The IMI sales literature I have quoted 1,800; but it is a few years out of date. Even 1200 is pretty quick.

Despite the speed, I always enjoy shooting the MP5K-PDW for the rof and the controllability. Shoot a 5K without a butt and it is okay to shoot up the side of a barn; add the butt and it becomes a different weapon indeed. The titanium suppressor is quite effective and pop on an Aimpoint to really add something.

If you want Rate of fire though the best thing available is a metal storm system, Im not sure if they are available for civil purchase though...

Its rather odd that IMI would exagerate one guns rof but not anothers...

By the way british soldier what regiment were/are you in?

Back