Rock River Arms?

Daddycat

I learned about these folks on my thread regarding Wilson Combat/Les Baer. I looked at their Website and liked what I saw . So, same question. Anyone have any experience with these pistols? How'd you like them? How do they stack up to Wilson, Les Baer etc?

Happy New Year and good shooting to all of you!
Daddycat.

------------------

Rock River Arms is a two-man shop just outside of the Quad Cities (Moline, IL/Davenport, IA, etc). Mark and Chuck are the two smiths. One worked for Les Baer and I believe the other worked for Armalite. My sister's boyfriend is a machinist in Moline and makes parts for the area gun smiths (including Les Baer, Rock River, and Armalite). He speaks well of their work and standards for their parts.

I believe they're only working on 1911's and AR-15's. Other than the lady answering phones, nobody else is there so you know who will be doing your work. American Rifleman did a very complimentary review of one of their bullseye pistols about a year ago, and Mark told me that one of the main gun rags (Handgunner, I think) is about to do a feature article on them.

I have visited their shop and was impressed by their 1911 work. I would consider it the equal of Les Baer or anyone else you care to name. They can do a variety of guns including ported, long slide, bullseye, etc. Their waits aren't bad; if I recall correctly it was running about 4-6 months. I also thought their prices were pretty reasonable.

I can give you a better answer in a couple months. I was impressed enough that I ordered a pistol in September. They're doing a stainless frame with a blued 6" long-slide upper and also a standard 5" slide with tritium sights that will have the Black-T finish. Because of the Black-T, they're not done but should be soon.

I suspect that once the Handgunner review hits the stands, their wait time will increase dramatically.

I've been able to examine two of their guns and shoot one. Accuracy was exceptional-1.5-2" @50. Mine is just a plain blued gun- no fancy finish- but it's very nicely done. The workmanship is excellent and I think their prices are pretty reasonable.

Back