Rock Island Armory 9mm

DAKA

I gotta' say, I wanted to see what 1911's are all about...BUT before spending over $1000 for a "nice" one I bought an RIA 9 mm 5"..for $470...(least expensive one)
I guess all the all steel ones weigh about the same and I wasn't sure what that would be like since most of my other 9's are compacts.
I was very surprised at the fit, finish and trigger for this "cheap" gun...fantastic, and it is (to me) more accurate that any of my other 9's...HK included.
It did have some "feeding" problems at first, but at 500 rounds now it's fine...
I just saved $600, this has become my FAVORITE range gun.

Buy it -- you wont be disappointed -- 9 Mil & .22 TCM --

16-Feb-2_zpsrp0j5rdt.jpg

"cheap" gun" should not be confused with inexpensive gun. I like Rock Island Armory. I sold mine and I regret doing it. I will buy another.

I gotta' say, I wanted to see what 1911's are all about...BUT before spending over $1000 for a "nice" one I bought an RIA 9 mm 5"..for $470...(least expensive one)
I guess all the all steel ones weigh about the same and I wasn't sure what that would be like since most of my other 9's are compacts.
I was very surprised at the fit, finish and trigger for this "cheap" gun...fantastic, and it is (to me) more accurate that any of my other 9's...HK included.
It did have some "feeding" problems at first, but at 500 rounds now it's fine...
I just saved $600, this has become my FAVORITE range gun.
I bought the same gun except I bought the 2nd from the cheapest that was then known as the tac 1 and is now called the standard. It has been flawless with no issues from the first shot and I have just under 1,000 rounds through it. It is very accurate. My delivered price after tax and background check was just under $500 (Gallery of Guns).

I used to work with a gunsmith who was a Korea veteran. He had no use for things built on aluminum or polymer frames, and he was a stickler about craftsmanship. He was actually very impressed with the fit and finish of the RIA 1911's.

I bought my RIA 1911 to see if I liked the 1911 because it was one of the cheapest 1911s I could find. I figured I would get it and if I liked a 1911, I could upgrade to a better gun. However, after I got it and found I liked it, I didn't see any reason to spend more money when the RIA performed so well. It will probably be the only 1911 I will ever buy.

Back