Robin Williams: "Don't forget the Holocaust"

Coinneach

Staff Alumnus
http://www.yahoo.co.uk/headlines/19990913/entertainment/showbiz_story_57712_0.html

Monday September 13, 9:35 PM

Don't Forget The Holocaust, Says Williams

Actor Robin Williams made a passionate plea for people to remember the horrors of the Holocaust as he attended a charity premiere of his new film.

Speaking to reporters before the showing of Jakob the Liar, at BAFTA in London's Piccadilly, in aid of the Holocaust Educational Trust, he was asked if it was time to "leave" the Holocaust.

"That's a rough thing to say in a room like this," he said. "No, you can't leave it. There's too much to do and learn."
----------
Sure is, Mork-man: like the fact that the Jews, gypsies, gays, and other undesirables were disarmed before they were marched into the ovens. Remember that.

------------------
"Taking a long view of history, we may say that
anyone who lays down his arms deserves whatever he gets."
--Jeff Cooper

Funny how the mind works. I was pondering the similarities between Waco and the Warsaw Ghetto on the way home from work. If we are to believe the new revelations coming out we have a religious minority, vilified and dehumanized by the press(propaganda machine), surrounded by special military and police units, anyone trying to escape was shot, and the ultimate goal in the end became to annihilate everyone inside

------------------
In the shadow of Bunker Hill from the People's Republic of Massachusetts

As I recall, R. Williams' views are not particularly in-line with mine, but on this issue, I've got to agree-- don't mistake this for mere tragedy, but recognize it for what it was: a historical event that must be studied and guarded against.

You guard your way, and I'll guard mine.

L.P.

Yes, Waco was a small US HOLOCaust where NKVD type Federal Policia attacked a Christian church with the help of US Delta Force soldiers and equip,ment like gas banned by the Geneva Convention. I listened to excerpts from David Tribadoes(sp) book today on the Clay Douglas show. David was one of 7 survivors of Waco. Outright Murder! And a monument is erected to the 4 NKVD BATF killed at Waco! THat is like a monumnet to Nazis or NKVD killers! I am getting too upset every time I think of Waco and the American attitude of the masses who even cheered when the place burned down! Waco is our Holocaust. And the government succeeded.

Back