Robber's troubled life ends violently

Looked like davis kicked some ass beating bg "in tight" with a rifle vs handgun. Six shots from rifle wonder what rifle? I would be very afraid to open closet armed with long gun, he's braver than me, I would have tried to secure area and called cops. I guess I wont have to worry about this bg robbing me. Thanks Davis, now if only GOV Davis was more like this.

OTOH, what the hell is up when they have to have a meeting to decide if you were justified in shooting a man who was hiding in your closet with a handgun? What ELSE could they possibly want to know about this case?
You know what? Everybody knows, or should know, that if they go into a man's house to do harm to him or his family they're taking the chance of getting killed. He chose to do it anyway. I do feel sorry for the father but it ain't enough.

------------------
Don

"Its not criminals that go into schools and shoot children"
--Ann Pearston, British Gun Control apologist and moron

I too feel for the father, but the son lived in violence so he died in violence.

Six in the chest!! Must have been a semi for that many hits in the same area. I probably would have pulled the trigger as many times as possible if it were me and someone came out with a weapon.

I wonder haw many rounds he really got off? Probably a .22 semi with at least 10 rounds. Here in Kalifornia they probably would throw the guy who shot him in jail for having an "assult (nasty thing) weapon!!!

------------------
To own firearms is to affirm that freedom and liberty are not gifts from the state.

Here's the Letter to the Ed's URL -- http://www.fayettevillenc.com/foto/news/opinion/eletter.html

If you're from out of state, I doubt that you'll get printed. I write them a comment on these items to give positive feedback on anybody using a gun to defend themselves.

If we did this for EVERY pro-gun news article, it might encourage them to start printing more of 'em and perhaps reinforce/change the opinions of their editorial staff. The same with slamming any anti-gun slant.

Comment on the good/bad talent of the reporter too -- spread the goodonyas or the pain, as appropriate. [g] Maybe the reporter will be influenced as well.

------------------
If you can't fight City Hall, at least defecate on the steps.

"Goodonyas". (pause) NEAT!

And the opposite could be "badtoyas" (bad-2-yas)!

That's printable! Much better than "Attaboys" and "Aw, $h..s"!

Goodonyas! I LIKE it! :)

Not that I don't think the bad guy got what he deserved, but remember Mr. Davis was not at home during the break-in. The police may decide that he should have notified them when he saw the broken window and stuff on the floor. I only say this because we specifically covered this situation in CCW class. The homeowner became involved in a deadly situation by entering the house, so the police may not view that as "immediate, otherwise unavoidable danger of death or serious injury to the innocent". He could have avoided it by not entering the house and calling the police.

I don't mean to defend the bg, but killing a person over a TV seems a bit extreme to me.

------------------
Strength does not come from physical capacity.
It comes from an indomitable will. -- Mahatma Gandhi

[This message has been edited by Scaramanga (edited November 10, 1999).]

If the dude broke into my house, he's dead!
How I am suppose to know he's just there for my tv, that I paid for w/ my money, and is sitting in my house, which is sitting on my property. Since when did it become so wrong to protect ones property? I know it has happened, but don't remember when it started.
He was a home invader. Invaders are to be met w/ force!

------------------
RKBA
www.southernparty.org

Sounds "righteous" enough...but it really sounds like the local PD is looking out for this guy. (Not saying that's a bad thing!)

Irrefutable proof that Social Darwinism exists since the deceased [criminal] cannot begat new criminals.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

4V50 Gary -- Exactly. I told the Editor that his demise just upgraded North Carolina's gene pool (he definitely came from the shallow end).

------------------
If you can't fight City Hall, at least defecate on the steps.

Back