Robar's NP3 coating

X-KILL

Curious as to anyones experience with the NP3 coating that Robar offers. I am considering having the internals, slide and barrell of my USP40C done in this. Pros? Cons?

Looks like a real nice alternative the the HK factory stainless finish as the NP3 is a satin grey which looks very attractive. Just wondering

It's very slippery. I had a Sig and another gun done years ago and everytime I went to rack the slide with the hammer down, my hands would slip off.

Brian

I've had one gun done in combo NP3/Rogard. I wrote a more lengthy review in an earlier thread. Bottom line, I would have the internals done, it's a decent trigger job, but it doesn't really suit me on the rest of the frame, seems to wear a bit fast. The Robar folks took a long time to do the job, but they certainly back their products.

Brian:

Thanks for your response. I just visited Jackson Michigan back in the first part of November. While I was in Port Huron I could not resist driving over to see Ted Nugents place. Always liked some (maybe most) of his music but it was real weird to see this other side of him. Long drive though!

Jackson was a neat place. Got lost only once. If I am ever there again I'll look you up. Generally I wil be in that part of the world at least one week a year as my wife's grandmother is in Port Huron and her aunt is in Dewitt (Lansing).

Thanks again,

X

Back